8 May 2016

The London Inn, Molland

Time for another pub review I think. Just to set the scene I have now been to The London Inn twice. The first time just Chuck and me, the second time was to drag Bea along so she could see how good it is. We are planning on staying here overnight now so we can go for an evening meal.


Is this a sign?

It certainly doesn't look like much from outside. In fact the first time I got there I was disappointed as I thought it had shut down. The sign looks quite old and there wasn't much sign of life. On closer inspection however I realised it was open. Inside it is a completely different story.


Easy to walk straight past. The door is under the wicker veranda.

It's a beautiful Exmoor hunting style pub. Low ceilings yet surprisingly large inside. There is a mish mash of vintage decor that works very well. It's quite dark but certainly isn't dingy. There is a very well stocked bar. It also stocks Wicked Wolf Gin which is currently exclusive to the Exmoor area. I had to try one but in all honesty it wasn't really my cup of tea. It was very citrusy. 


Who is Capt. Agro?

On the second trip we had food too. Whilst it certainly wasn't cheap it was out of this world tasty. I had a 'bar snack' of a ploughman's, which was about £9. When it came however it was basically a beef roast with some chips and garnish! It was brilliant. There were all other sorts of chutneys and bread and stuff that should come with it but I don't eat that stuff so I asked for chips.


Gin, Cider and other drinks too.

The drinks were reasonably priced. I recall it was £3.65 for a Thatchers but don't quote me on that. The gins were expensive but that's gin. Chuck was made to feel very welcome despite laying in the main gangway. The pub owners have a German Shepherd too but he doesn't go in the pub as he's loopy apparently.


Just some of the available scran. Not cheap but very good.

This pub is an ideal place to use as a halfway point if you park at the top of West Anstey Common. It's a great walk down through the woods then back across the fields. It's about two hours to do the round plus however long you spend in the pub. I'd allow at least five hours and get a taxi home. Let us know in the comments if you've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment